Interesting Chili Recipe
Okay, I probably need to explain the title. Melissa's baby shower was this last weekend at Tony's Aunt Vickie's house. She served stuffed potatoes with this chili as one of the toppings. It was so delicious I told her I just had to have the recipe. She told me she was almost embarrassed to share it -- and you'll understand why -- because it's so SIMPLE. But it is delicious!
Ground beef or turkey (I used turkey -- it's my new favorite in spicy recipes)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 can chili beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 bottle thick and chunky salsa
Brown the meat; salt and pepper to taste (could add garlic salt). Add beans and salsa and heat.
That's it! The amount of meat and salsa depends on how many you're looking to feed. For a milder chili, use mild salsa; for a spicier chili, use medium or hot salsa. Aunt Vickie puts hers in a crock pot, but this chili can be cooked on the stove top, too.
Enjoy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home