Caitlin's recipe blog reminded me that Russell had asked for some favorite family recipes. So I thought I might come out of the cobwebs and post to this blog some of those recipes. Kind of a 'blast from the past'. Here goes:
Enchilada Pie (aka 'Looks bad, tastes good')
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 large onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
1 (4 oz.) can sliced ripe olives
1 (10-12 oz. can enchilada sauce
3/4 c. milk
1 pkg. flour tortillas
1/2 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 lb. monterey jack cheese, grated
sour cream
Brown meat and onion in a skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add soups, green chilies, olives, enchilada sauce and milk. Keep mixture warm. Cut tortillas into small squares and place half in the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan. Top with half the meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheeses. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes. Cool for a few minutes before serving. Top each serving with sour cream.
(Note: This casserole can be made in two 8" or 9" square pans. One casserole can be used and the other frozen. Be sure to thaw the casserole before baking. The baking time may need to be extended an additional 5 to 10 minutes.)

4 Comments:
We just had this for dinner this week. Yummy! The kids loved it too.
Yes, I do check your blog everyday! I was pleasantly surprised there is new material.
I just called Russell to tell him that you posted this - I'm sure we'll be having it for dinner tonight.
We just had this a few days ago! I love this cause it's great to reheat for lunch the next day.
All leftovers were gone the next day & we have a small family!!!!
Yes this is a good one and was always one of my favorites! We just had this recently for dinner too!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home