Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I've always hated
pictures of myself. I guess I've never, ever, been comfortable with my perception of my physical self. After reading Candace's blog, I fear I may have passed some of that on. Then I read Caitlin's blog and decided this perception of ourselves as women is more universal. Why do we do this to ourselves?

So to bolster myself, I'm going to be a bit self-centered and share some of the things I like about myself:
  • a testimony of Jesus Christ that has centered my life
  • a sense of humor - that has rescued me from self-pity and heartache more times that I can share.
  • intelligence and a love of learning
  • a work ethic - sometimes I go overboard with this one!
  • a love of nature - Heavenly Father has given us a beautiful world
  • wisdom (at least a little wisdom) that has been gained through hard times

Gosh, it's much harder to think of positive attributes, isn't it?

I hope each of you will take the time to pat yourselves on the back for what you have and what you have each accomplished in your lives. You are examples to me in so many ways and my life is enriched by yours.

Now, make it a good day!

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Candace said...

Mom! I didn't know you started a blog! SO COOL!

Well, I don't think you passed this along to me. I think it's just the world we live in & the fact that I've always been worried about what people think of me or how they see me. Don't want to be thought of as the fat girl......but why do i care!?!?!!!

I read an article in Real Simple where these old women...(like 90-100 yrs. old) gave words of wisdom. One lady said...."don't spend your whole life hating your body". That's the one I remembered. She's so right.

I love you mom! I am going to do this & write some positive things about myself.....I just may have to think about it for a while.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Mom....LOVE you! It's November now. Are you going to update this thing anytime soon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home