Defending Myself
Thought I should write a few lines to defend myself and my lack of blog postings.
But now that I think about it, there is no defense! I've been a slacker and I apologize. Apparently I've been listed as missing in action on other blogs -- but I have returned. I will try to post more frequently. Promise.
It is true that Kimberly is gone and life around here will soon grind to a complete halt when Brooke and the boys desert us. Dwayne keeps saying we should get a dog. (I don't think so.) There is still so much to keep us busy. But I was thinking today . . .
I will think of Kimberly when:
I see a white pick-up truck on the road
I walk by the door to 'her' room
I cut a watermelon into chunks
Shania Twain sings about 'Bein' a Woman'
I wonder where I need to be on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. night
I think the list will continue to grow.
We had so much fun helping her get situated in her apartment. When we left Carson City on Monday morning, we took a detour to Lake Tahoe. Not really a detour . . . since you have to go back through Carson City to get home! Dad wanted to stop in and visit with Kimberly. It had only been three hours! Talk about separation anxiety.
Only three weeks until we head back again for the girl's first game.
Funny thing is: There are so many things during a week that remind me and Dwayne of each of the kids; and the grandkids, too. Fact is, we're pretty lucky people!

5 Comments:
i love you mom & i love dad too. you guys are so sweet.
Robin! I have a dog for you . . .
Mom that is sweet! What about when you hear that stupid song she has on her phone as her alarm? I can't think of the name right now.
"Good Morning Beautiful"
That made me get a little teary....Dad, he's such a softie.
I love you both too.
Post a Comment
<< Home